step 1. What is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
2. Do you know the sources with the information kept regarding NSLDS database? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guarantee Organizations, for information on this new Government Family relations Education loan System (FFELP)
- Agency from Education loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Service from Training Business collection agencies Attributes (DCS), to own information regarding defaulted finance stored by Agencies regarding Degree
- Direct Financing Maintenance (DLS), having information on Federal Lead Student education loans
- Well-known Origination and you will Disbursement (COD), to own Government Give Programs pointers
- Conditional Disability Release Record Program (CDDTS), having handicap financing information
- Central Control Program (CPS), getting help candidate pointers
- Universities, having details about Federal Perkins Financing System, beginner registration and you will services overpayments.
step 3. How often is the recommendations and studies updated towards the NSLDS program? Schools or their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
4. Must i update loan advice and private identifiers on line? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Just data business normally upgrade mortgage relevant information, usually courtesy their normal submittals in order to NSLDS
5. Just what area of the webpages can i used to match the Body weight requirement? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
six. How can i suggest improvements or changes with the website? We encourage your comments. Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
Having a particular businesses loan revealing plan, identify the firm by using the Study Merchant Schedule link on the brand new Org loss
eight. When is the NSLDS website offered? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How do i contact the newest NSLDS Customer care Heart in the event the I am a different college? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
9. Is the site safe? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. https://installmentloanstexas.net/ The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.